Covid 19 Update
It has been announced that from 11.59pm on Tuesday 17th August 2021, New Zealand, including the Auckland region moved to Alert Level 4. So what does this mean for dentists?
Meadowbank Dental will provide urgent and emergency dental services only. Alert Level 4 does not allow for standard dental care to resume.
What is "urgent" and "emergency" care?
“Urgent care” includes treatment for:
- dental or soft-tissue infections without a systemic effect
- severe pain that cannot be controlled by medication or the patient following self-help advice
- fractured teeth or pulpal exposureadjustment or repair of dental appliances where patient health is significantly impacted (for example, ability to eat).
“Dental emergencies” include:
- oro-facial swelling that is serious and worsening
- post-extraction bleeding that the patient is not able to control with local measures
- dental conditions that have resulted in acute systemic illness or raised temperature as a result of dental infection
- severe trismus
- acute infections that are likely to exacerbate systemic medical conditions such as diabetes.
Emergency Dental Treatment Appointment
Following your phone consultation, if you need to come into the practice for emergency dental treatment, the Dental Team will arrange a booking for you and explain the process and safety steps to follow, to ensure your wellbeing and that of our team. There will be an additional cost for the extra COVID-19 safety precautions of $20 consult PPE and $60 treatment PPE. This is a requirement of the Ministry of Health/Dental Council. This cost doesn’t include consult exam/xrays or any subsequent treatment that may be required, which your dentist will discuss with you at your appointment.
Please contact us on 09 528 3146 if you have any dental concerns and we will arrange with you how to best meet your dental care needs. Our hours are 9:00am – 1:00pm, during level 3 and normal hours in level 2. Our enhanced infection control procedures and precautions will remain in place to protect the safety of our patients and staff.